Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Review Carnival is honored to be interviewing such an amazing writer.
Favorite color- Green
Favorite author/s- Laura Lee Guhrke, Laura Joh Rowland, Julia Quinn, Caroline Linden, Candice Hern . . .
Zodiac sign- Capricorn
A quote that inspires you- Show up.
Favorite book- The Blue Castle by LM Montgomery
Dream holiday destination- Anything with a beach and crystal blue water.
1. Romance is a very popular genre with many different subgenres and types of characters. What kind of characters do you like the most? I love uptight and straitlaced hero that I can send the most dizzy, wild woman to upend his well-ordered life. And at the same time, I love the overly confident and ultra rakish fellow who meets his match in an unlikely heroine--the bluestocking, the widow, the spinster.
2. A place you've always dreamt of writing about in your novels and why - I love my current time period--The Regency, the era of Jane Austen. So I suppose I am living my dream.
3. What do you think makes historical romances different from other types of romance (other than being set in history when things were different)? I think there is always a romanticism about the past, but the Regency has that added cache of being the last era of manners and abandon, before the advent of trains and machinery. There is still a pastoral elegance to the time period that I think readers find as a perfect antidote to modern life.
4. How does it feel to be an internationally known/published author? I don't know--quite honestly. I just write my stories. That they go out into the world and into so many places that I've never heard of--just astounds me. I sit in my quiet office in the Pacific Northwest and spin stories that I hope readers all over will enjoy.
5. Your dream romance novel.... The one that makes a reader laugh out loud and fall in love at the same time.